Our client, Norfolk General Hospital (NGH), is a 102-bed full-service community hospital accredited with exemplary standing serving the over 65,000 residents of Norfolk County in beautiful Southwest Ontario. Hospital services include a 7-bed ICU, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Emergency Medicine, Anesthesia, and Family Medicine.
The collegial Emergency Medicine Team provides 24/7 high quality care to a diverse mixture of clinical cases. With approximately 28,000 ED visits per year, their team of highly skilled, well-trained, experienced, and supportive staff are dedicated to providing exceptional care to their patients. The Emergency Department provides a full range of services to meet the unscheduled and emergency health care needs for patients of all ages in the region. NGH is seeking full-time or part-time Emergency Medicine Physicians to contribute to the top tier care provided in the Department of Emergency Medicine.
About the NGH ED
- ED covered by a combination of full time/part time Emergency and Family Medicine physicians
- Excellent support from Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Anaesthesia, Respiratory Therapy and low risk FMOB call group
- 24-hour access to CT, US and x-ray for specific imaging indications
- Mentorship program available for new graduates or applicants with minimal experience
- NGH is a McMaster University affiliated teaching site
- Emergency Medicine Shifts are also available at partner West Haldimand General Hospital
Emergency Medicine AFA Hourly rates:
- AFA model with hourly rate ($150/hour day shifts, $200/hour for night shifts) plus 35% of shadow billings
- $150/hour – 0700-1700, 1200-2000, 1500 – 2300, plus 35% of shadow billings
- $200/hour – 2100-0700, 2200-0700 plus 35% of shadow billings
- Locums will be reimbursed for travel and accommodations
- Full time positions offer a generous incentive package, CME funding, re-location assistance including availability of no cost housing for 3 months to assist with housing during transition.
- Moving costs up to $5,000. Out of province relocation cost is negotiable.
In addition to Emergency Medicine shifts, very flexible turn key Family Medicine practice opportunities can be customized to suit your desired clinical practice scope.
The hospital is located in Simcoe, Ontario, 10 minutes from the spectacular shores and beaches of Lake Erie on Ontario’s beautiful Southcoast. NGH is centrally located 30 minutes from Brantford, 60 minutes from Hamilton, London and Kitchener, and only 90 minutes from the Greater Toronto Area.
Norfolk County is renowned for its local fresh produce, warm southern climate, outstanding wineries, fishing on Long Point Bay, outdoor activities including 55 kilometres of mountain biking trails, camping, Carolinian forests, and sandy beaches from Port Dover to Long Point.