Need a little normalcy in your life? Want to practice on a more regular basis in rural Ontario over the summer months? Want to locum up to 2 weeks per month away from hot spots?
Look no further! Exciting opportunity in Kirkland Lake for ED and Hospitalist locums from July to September 2021.
· Opportunity for:
Hospitalist locums each month
Blended coverage with ED (1 week Hospitalist, 1 week ED)
· July to September (flexible dates – consecutive or spread through each month)
· 2 Hospitalists are scheduled per week and share after hours on-call
· Rotations 0800-1600h Saturday Friday (7 days in total), with alternating after hours on-call
· Hospitalists provide support to the intensive care patients (4 bed ICU, 2 bed step-down)
· Average approximately 35 inpatients per day, split between 2 Hospitalists
· Blended coverage agreements and additional opportunities for ED shifts
No Covid-19 patients in the hospital
Daily ED shifts split into 3 time slots (0800-1300h, 1300-1800h & 1800-0800h)
· Average approximately 25-30 ED patients in a 24 hour period
· OR Assist opportunities during locum also may be available
· Hospitalist stipend of $4,000/week (7 days)
· An additional $500/week over summer months (July 1-September 1)
· An additional $1000 per travel day stipend offered per 1 week locum
E082A & E083A codes removed from final stipend
· Applicable Fee for Service billings for the week (approximately $6,000-$7,000).
· ED remuneration is $151.63/hr, plus 10% in shadow billing
· Local billing clerks available to assist with billings for a 5% fee to ensure accurate/complete billings
· Local accommodations provided within a 5 minute drive from the hospital
· 2 layover rooms within hospital for use overnight if required
· Travel & accommodations reimbursed through GP Vacancy (Health Force Ontario)
· Medical Degree and Postgraduate Family Medicine training
· CCFP certification
· Must hold a current CPSO license
· Must have current registration with CMPA
The Kirkland Lake site is a 60-bed facility and has a catchment area of approximately 13,000 residents. In addition to a core staff of dedicated and caring professionals, we offer physiotherapy, respiratory therapy, a fully functional emergency department, an Inpatient Unit with two negative air pressure rooms, general surgery, anaesthesia, 10 visiting specialists, a diagnostic imaging department with a new CT scanner, POC lab services, pharmacy (with onsite chemo mixing), a satellite oncology clinic (via OTN through HSN), mental health psychiatry nurse, CCAC, victim services and a non-urgent patient transfer service.