Surgical Assist Opportunities – Join our Growing Organization
Experience a place where people come first
As a healthcare leader serving a population of more than half a million people, Mackenzie Health offers a dynamic, supportive environment of respect and continuous learning. A place where all staff are valued, can engage in meaningful work as part of a friendly, diverse team and use best-in-class technology to provide exceptional patient care. Experience a place where people come first. Experience Mackenzie Health – your ultimate career destination.
As we opened Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital last year, and continue to operate Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, we have many opportunities for passionate professionals like you, who share our commitment to quality, timely patient-centred care. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.
Mackenzie Health is currently recruiting for Surgical Assist Physicians to assist in the Operating Room at both sites with a start date of November 1, 2022. Surgical Assist physicians have the unique opportunity to stay connected with the hospital and supplement their income while assisting in the OR.
Responsibilities include assisting in the Operating Room for elective cases in the areas of: General Surgery; Orthopedics; Plastics; Obstetrics and Gynecology; Urology; and Otolaryngology. Surgical Assist Physicians are required to apply to the Department of Family Practice for Associate Active privileges. Members of the Surgical Assist Division will be required to be available to take call for at least one or more 24-hour call period (can be divided) per month. Furthermore, they must remain within a 20-minute drive of the hospital for their full call period.
Skills – Abilities – Experience
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as a team member within a group environment.
• Proven attendance record.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Demonstrates behaviors consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
• Models behavior that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership, Empathy.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
• Contributes to patient and staff safety.
Education – Certification – Licenses
• Medical degree approved by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) required.
• Post Graduate training in Family Practice Medicine, CCFP.
• Canadian Medical Protection Association or equivalent in good standing.
• Ontario Medical Association (OMA).
Mackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration for an interview will be contacted.
Interested Candidates should submit their curriculum vitae to:
Sophie Stratos, Manager of Medical Affairs, Mackenzie Health
10 Trench Street, Richmond Hill, Ontario L4C 4Z3
905.883.1212 ext. 7452