Number of Vacancies: 1
Term: Full-time Sleep Medicine Specialist Physician (with Part-time Medical Director duties
Type: Permanent, beginning with 18-month contract
Operating Name: Cerebra Medical Ltd.
Work Location: 1470 Willson Place, Unit B, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 3N9
Language of Work: English
- Medical degree
- Must hold or be eligible for certification by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba
- Eligible for a provisional or regular license to practice medicine as a Certified Sleep Specialist in Manitoba
- Must have professional liability coverage
- Minimum 3 years practicing sleep medicine
Fee-for-service for all medical services based on agreement between Cerebra Medical Ltd. and the Government of Manitoba. Part-time Medical Director duties will be compensated at the rate of $250 per hour, approx. 8 hours per month. Anticipated fee-for-service annual compensation: $350,000-$450,000 based on 35-40 hours/week. Competitive rate of overhead charged.
Cerebra is transforming the future of sleep diagnosis and therapy. Cerebra unites innovators and researchers with the common goal and passion of putting “sleep” back into sleep medicine. Cerebra Sleep System uses the patented algorithm, Odds Ratio Product (ORP) that micro analyses the Electroencephalogram (EEG) signal providing a continuous measure of sleep depth, moving beyond conventional scoring methods to dig deeper into brain activity.
With the expertise of our talented cross functional team and our world class Scientific Advisory Board lead by Dr. Magdy Younes, Cerebra is transforming sleep diagnostics enabling personalized patient treatment for improved physical, mental and emotional health outcomes.
The Sleep Medicine Specialist Physician at Cerebra will fulfill all duties associated with a sleep medicine practice, including:
- Complete interpretations of Level ll polysomnography (PSG) sleep studies in accordance with professional industry standards.
- Assess, diagnose, and develop a treatment plan for patients. Provide consultations for those patients requiring same. Consultations may be virtual, however, in person appointments must be accommodated if requested.
- Coordinate with designated therapy provider to successfully transition patients to long-term therapy including providing an Auto CPAP Titration and sign off on a patients transition to long term therapy or adjust a patients prescription as necessary.
In addition to the duties above, part-time Medical Director duties (8 hours per month), will include as follows:
- Oversee Cerebra Level II polysomnography (“PSG”) services, ensuring quality patient services are provided and that Cerebra employs adequate, sufficiently trained, qualified, and competent professional and technical personnel appropriate for the workload, range and complexity of the procedures performed.
- Ensure the production of reliable and accurate clinical results and reports, and that methods employed and equipment used are selected and performed in accordance with currently accepted best practices, including quality assurance and quality management for all clinical services.
- Conduct quarterly educational sessions for personnel, to ensure ongoing safety and technical quality of testing including use of ORP in clinical diagnosis.
- Visit the service once per year to provide on-site review of polysomnography testing and facility personnel supervision.
- Provide consultations with Cerebra personnel, technologist(s), interpreting physician and/referring physician.
- Collaborate with the research team in supervising clinical trials, interpreting diagnostic sleep studies of research participants and evaluating effects of treatment options on patients’ outcomes.
Benefits: Responsible for arranging own benefits if desired.
Contact: For more information or to submit CV, contact:
Patrick Crampton, President and COO
Email: [email protected]
Business Address: Cerebra Medical Ltd., 1470 Willson Place, Unit B, Winnipeg, Manitoba