Earning Potential: $350,000+
About the opportunity:
Guysborough Memorial Hospital- Nova Scotia - Seeking two (2) Family Physicians for Permanent positions.
Guysborough Memorial Hospital serves the health care needs of the residents of Guysborough County. The community is at the northeast corner of mainland Nova Scotia and the Atlantic Ocean and is one of the most picturesque places in the province and home to an acclaimed theatre and a perfect harbor. Two excellent public schools serve the needs of children living in the district. The Regional Hospital is located 40mins away in Antigonish which is home to Saint Francis Xavier University, one of the top undergraduate universities in Canada.
Guysborough Memorial Hospital provides the following services:
- 10 acute-care beds
- 24hr emergency services, core diagnostic services (including laboratory, x-ray, and EKG)
- Diabetes education center; palliative care; physiotherapy; occupational therapy; foot care clinic;social work; mental health and additional services; public health and continuing care services
- Visiting clinics for pediatrics and surgical consults
- 50-bed long term care facility attached to the hospital
The physicians work in a collaborative practice environment with a complement of 4 Family Practitioners, well-trained Nurses, clinical psychologists, and social workers. Scope of practice will be Family practice, offices are in a new wing attached to the Hospital, Doctors provide shared coverage for a 10-bed acute care in-patient facility, a 50-bed nursing home, and Low level 1 Emergency. Emergency covered 24/7 with patients triaged by an experienced team of nurses, averaging 10 patients per day. Physicians share
coverage from 8 am to 8 pm while they also cover family practice clinic. On-call for the Emergency room from 8 pm and 8 am and weekends/stat holidays at an hourly rate of $70.
Benefits for permanent: Relocation assistance available, supervision available, and housing accommodation possible.
- Medical Degree with Speciality Training in Family Medicine.
- Eligible for Licence with CPSNS.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV to:
Michelle Flynn, RPR
Senior Recruiter/ HR Consultant
CanAm Physician Recruiting Inc.
Please share with any and all colleagues!