FHO spot available in beautiful Prince Edward County!
**ASAP (Summer 2021)**
• Clinic: Opportunity for FHO spot with small number of attached patients (approx 250 rostered + 150 nonrostered). There are several different ways to build your roster including: a transfer of patients from another practice, the county's own waiting list, Health Care Connect, and unattached patients from the hospital including newborns/moms.
• Hospitalist: at local 18-bed hospital next door to clinic (coverage shared between 23 physicians)
• ER optional. There is a paid mentorship opportunity to increase your comfort level with rural ER.
• opportunities for LTC or expanded practice, or for FHO leadership roles
• ***NO after-hours clinic requirements!!***
Join our spacious office with 6 fully equipped exam rooms, directly adjacent to the local Picton Hospital. Cost sharing with 2 other FHO practices to keep overhead expenses low. The building features a Lifelabs, pharmacy and many FHT programs/resources.
The PEFHT has a multitude of programs available including NP clinics, mental health, wound care, foot care, diabetes education, home-visit program, palliative care, and several visiting internal medicine specialists. Funding has recently been approved by the Ontario government for a brand new state-of-the-art hospital to be built!
Prince Edward County is a lovely area to live, work and raise a family, with access to world-class restaurants, 35+wineries, artisan shopping, and Sandbanks Provincial Park. Yet it remains easily accessible to larger centres such as Belleville (20 min), Kingston (1 hr), and Toronto (2hrs).