Seeking Family Medicine Specialists for Locum OR Permanent Opportunities in Newfoundland & Labrador
Family Practice Incentive program-
Awards of $100,000 will be available on a one-time basis to new family physicians starting or joining a practice in Newfoundland and Labrador.
· Locum- $2000 -$3000 / day
· FT- $550,000- $650,000
Central Health is the second largest health authority in Newfoundland and Labrador, serving approximately 94,000 people (18 per cent of the province’s population) living in 177 communities.
With a geographical area encompassing more than half the total land mass of the island, the Central Health region extends from Charlottetown in the east, Fogo Island in the north, Harbour Breton in the south, to Baie Verte in the west.
Information and Benefits of Central Newfoundland:
· Medical Degree with specialist training in Family Medicine. Applicants must currently hold or be able to hold Full Independent license in Canada
· Eligible for registration and license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador.
· Numerous opportunities in Rural sites (Category B sites) – 24/7 ER coverage that would include a call rotation with the other physicians on site (depending on the site, could range from 1:2 – 1:5). In these sites, you would be required to handle whatever walks through the door….MI, Motor Vehicle Accidents (MVA), administer thrombolytics, intubate/stabilize patient for transfer to regional site (possible 2.5 hours away), etc.
· Hospitalist – IM based practice, hospital based and would be on call to admit patients. Palliative care would be a piece of this practice as well.
· Private Practice in Gander; would include call at the hospital and Long-Term Care.
Interested candidates please contact or send applications and CV to:
Michelle Flynn, RPR
Senior Recruiter/ HR Consultant
CanAm Physician Recruiting Inc.
Please forward to all and any colleagues.